SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test)
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) is a common written test for the admission processes of undergraduate Institutes of Symbiosis International University established as under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 vide notification No.F.9.12/2001 U.3 of the Govt. of India. In the year 2002 there were 3 constituent Institutes of SIU. Subsequently ten more Institutes of Symbiosis have been brought under the ambit of Symbiosis International University vide notification No.F.9.12/2006-U.3 (A).
It is a mandatory written test for the admission process for the undergraduate programmes of the following Symbiosis Institutes namely:-
- Symbiosis Law School [SLS] – Pune
- Symbiosis Law School [SLS] – NOIDA
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS] – Pune
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS] – NOIDA
- Symbiosis Institute of Design [SID]
- Symbiosis Institute of Computers Studies and Research [SICSR]
- Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication (Under Graduate) [SIMC-UG]
- Symbiosis School of Economics [SSE]
- Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts [SSLA]
- Symbiosis Law School [SLS] – Hyderabad
Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT) also admits students through JEE Main conducted at National level
However, the SET is not mandatory for:
- Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT)
- Symbiosis College of Nursing (SCON)
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)
- Symbiosis School of Photography (SSP)
Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts (SSLA):-
[For International Baccalaureate (IB) students are exempt from SET]
Note: Candidates who are applying to Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT) and Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS), Symbiosis School of Nursing (SCON), Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts (SSLA) [for IB students only] and Symbiosis School of Photography (SSP) should visit their websites for further details.
Candidate should note that SET is only the first step. Each Symbiosis Institute has its independent selection process.
|Session||General||SICSR: Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research –BCA, BBA(IT)||BCA
|SCMS - P: Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies – Pune - BBA
SCMS - N: Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies-NOIDA - BBA
|SIMC - UG: Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication - BMS||B.M.S.|
|SSE: Symbiosis School of Economics -||B.Sc.(Economics)|
|SSLA: Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts||Bachelor of Arts (B.A) - Liberal Arts
Batchelor of Science (B. Sc) - Liberal Arts
A.) Duration: SET duration is 150 minutes.
B.) SET is an objective test.
C.) Papers: SET is conducted in two sessions for FIVE question papers. A candidate may apply to take one paper from each session.
D.) Institutes: The constituent Institutes use scores of the following for admission.
SET is an aptitude test and objective in nature for all the papers. Each question has four options as answers. There is no negative marking for wrong answers. All sections are mandatory
Structure of SET - 2015 for General Timing: 2.30 pm to 5.00 pm.
|Sr. No||Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|4.||Analytical & Logical Reasoning||30||30|